Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Miner To Watch

I've had several inquiries about specific miners I like. Below is a chart for Novagold Resources.
In the "Blind Squirrel Finding A Nut" category, I was fortunate enough to buy some of this baby about a month ago at 9.16. The chart compares the price of NG vs the "gold bugs index" or HUI. Pretty interesting, huh?
I have no idea why its moving up so fast. I just own it. If I had to guess...well, let's just say "Blue Horseshoe appears to love NG" and leave it at that.

2 comments:

  1. Nice pick. It doubled the performance of my New Gold (NGD) over the past 3 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TF-

    I always like your posts at ZH... & I like your POV on the metals...

    I run a blog called SURVIVOR CAPITAL...

    http://traders-anonymous.blogspot.com/

    Don't ask about the URL being different from the blog name (it's a long story)...

    Anyway... I'm more of the journalist "writing" talent at the blog (to keep a daily thread published)... But there are an ecclectic mix of traders, fa's, momos, & HNW individual investors that grace my pages every day...

    Most were accumulated from the "gilded age" of the Ritholtz blog (which has, IMO, more recently devolved into the Keith Olberman show)...

    Anyway... If you don't mind... I'm going to link up some of my readers/traders to your blog here... They're "carniverous" information geeks, and most "get it" with regards to metals...

    Come by mine own blog too... I just try to keep things funny and humorous (as TD does)... To get an idea... Read back through some of the historical posts...

    The commentators at the blog generally like ZH... But prefer to exchange ideas in an atmosphere that's a little less WILD WEST...

    CV

    ReplyDelete